Profile Area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces
The profile area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces (TFI) consolidates numerous research activities at the TU Darmstadt in the fields of fluid dynamics, combustion, and heat and mass transfer.
In particular, it attempts to promote fundamental and contractual research involving more than one institute. This is accomplished on the one hand by making known internally and to external partners the potential and capabilities available at the TU Darmstadt; on the other hand the TFI assists with necessary internal organisational and contractual measures to realise such projects.
Global scientific objectives:
- Understanding transport phenomena (mass, momentum,energy and species)
- Modelling and predicting transport processes
- Controlling transport processes
- Optimising the influencing parameters to increase efficiency of processes and machines
- Designing and realising technical demonstrators
- Transferring knowledge, methods and techniques into industrial applications
Cooperation and exchange with industrial partners
Further to a strong program of fundamental research, the members of TFI maintain extensive contact with industrial partners and carry out application-orientated research projects.
Institutes and Departments
Currently, the profile area comprises 23 institutes from 5 departments:
Organizer: Benjamin Böhm (TU Darmstadt) and Brian Peterson (University of Edingburgh)
organized by CRC Transregio 150
Researchers at TU Darmstadt and Université de Lyon investigate heat dissipation
New book on the physical foundations of collision and impact phenomena
TTD-Projekt mit Deutschem Rechenzentrumspreis 2017 ausgezeichnet