Profile Area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces
The profile area Thermo-Fluids & Interfaces (TFI) consolidates numerous research activities at the TU Darmstadt in the fields of fluid dynamics, combustion, and heat and mass transfer.
In particular, it attempts to promote fundamental and contractual research involving more than one institute. This is accomplished on the one hand by making known internally and to external partners the potential and capabilities available at the TU Darmstadt; on the other hand the TFI assists with necessary internal organisational and contractual measures to realise such projects.
Global scientific objectives:
- Understanding of transport phenomena (mass, momentum,energy and species)
- Modelling and prediction of transport processes
- Control of transport processes
- Optimisation of the influencing parameters to increase efficiency of processes and machines
- Design and realisation of technical demonstrators
- Transfer of knowledge, methods and techniques into industrial applications
Cooperation and exchange with industrial partners
Further to a strong program of fundamental research, the members of TFI maintain extensive contact with industrial partners and carry out application-orientated research projects.
Institutes and Departments
Currently, the profile area comprises 23 institutes from 5 departments:
Daniel Kintea (SLA) awarded gold medal
October 24-25, 2016
Introductory knwoledge of organic and printed electronics